Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's a jungle out there...literally

So I never go out into my backyard. It's L-shaped and the back door leads to the side yard. To see the back part, I would have to go outside and peak around the corner of my house. But what reason do I have to do that? Well, I got one this weekend.
Our backyard serves one sole purpose: Ruby's toilet. So last week, when I let her out, I noticed she started going in the side yard and I didn't want to have to go on Poo Patrol in that area, too. So I poked my head around the corner of the yard to see why she stopped going back there.
Behold! A literal jungle of weeds. Weeds that were in full bloom. There was no flat area to step anywhere. If you wanted to walk back there, your feet would have disappeared. There were weeds that came up past my stomach. Now that's a tall weed.
Apparently Ruby decided that it was undesirable to use a potty that had morphed into a jungle. So I conceded and cut the grass - I mean, weeds - this weekend. Ugh. The poor mower was groaning at me.
In my feeble defense, yard upkeep is Kevin's job. So it's not my fault that our backyard (and slowly, unfortunately, our front yard as well) no longer looks like people live in the house. When the yard man and chef are gone, the household residents make do with as little effort as possible.

1 comment:

kelsey said...

i hate yard work too so i really feel for you on having to do that!! yuck! i wish you'd taken a picture of it. i bet it was hilarious! hope you're doing well!