Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just moseying right along

Well, it may not be raining jobs in my neck of the woods, but it is raining travel opportunities. So when opportunity knocks, I like to swing open the door in welcome! Kevin and I are going to Keesler AFB in Biloxi, Mississippi so that he can have corrective eye surgery (something similar to Lasik). The surgery process will occur over Labor Day weekend so we decided to take a jaunt to New Orleans while we're over there. Then in October Kevin's going to a work conference in Las Vegas that'll last a week so I'm going with him then, too. And in between I'm going to visit my friend Kelsey in Georgia while her husband is on TDY. The traveling apparently is not ending with summer. But that's okay. Oh, and we also got a new desk for our office. As soon as I'm done arranging the stuff around it, I'll post a picture. It's pretty nice and according to Kevin, we got a great deal!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I have to agree with you, one of the nice things about being unemployed is the travel opportunities. Go for it and have fun. Rob is also going to Las Vegas in for two weeks in October with the AWACS. I'm super jealous of all of you!

kelsey said...

I'm so excited to see you!!!!!!!!! September is here tomorrow, so we better start planning on your adventure up this way. But I'll let you "enjoy" Biloxi some more before I give you a call. Hope all is well!