Thursday, September 10, 2009

Post Travels

We survived New Orleans. I gotta say: that is not one of my favorite cities. I am a clean, dainty person (*cough cough*) and I do not love dirt and grunge. And I must say, those are two descriptive words that fit New Orleans. I believe I best described it to my mom: loud, colorful, and dirty. I am only a fan of things that fit the middle adjective, so New Orleans is not for me. I think Kevin had fun, though. Actually I did have fun; it was just more due to who I was with (and what I was eating) rather than where I was. I'll just check New Orleans off my "been there, done that" list.

Now onto real life: I'm going through the application process to volunteer in the NICU/nursery at the local hospital here. I tried doing this before, but then I got hired at Tyndall Elementary, so I never finished. I also may be watching my friend's baby while she goes back to work, so that's something else new. And I'm (finally) organizing our filing cabinet. I consulted my Martha Stewart cleaning/organizing encyclopedia so I feel prepared to tackle the task now.

And now for my most favorite activity: grocery shopping followed by cooking dinner. Man, life doesn't get any better than this.

No comments: