Friday, January 15, 2010

Closet Cleaning / Time's a-flying!

This is a posting about two totally unrelated topics.

Topic #1: Closet Cleaning
You'd think that since I work in a clothing store that I would hate to come home and mess with my own clothes (and believe me, some days I do). But usually I get more motivated to play with my clothes, organize them, rearrange them, etc. I've been meaning to clean out my closet since I've been about 3 months pregnant so that the clothes I can wear are more accessible, and the clothes I can't are put away, so I can see my options each day. Well, I finally did it this afternoon. I got rid of bag of clothes and refolded everything in my dresser and tried on everything to see what had pregnancy-belly-capacity and what didn't. Yay for closet cleaning!

Topic #2: Time's a-flying!
As I was cleaning out my closet and singing along to 80's and 90's music on the radio, I was just letting my mind wander. And it wandered right over to the fact that I'm 22 weeks pregnant today. Usually I think about how far along I am every day (e.g. only 3 more days till I'm 15 weeks along or I'm five months and 2 days along today) because I'm impatient and 9 months is a loooong time to wait for something (whether it's a deployment or giving birth). Well, apparently time is just scooting on by because I didn't realize that I'm already 22 weeks pregnant today. Last time I thought about this was a week ago. Now 7 days does not sound like a long time. But what hit me was the fact that everyone keeps telling me "Oh, it'll go by so fast" and usually I smile and think to myself "Um, it doesn't feel like it." But today a whole week going by without much thought about it made me think that maybe the 2nd half of pregnancy does go by faster than the first. Holy crap, that means birth-day will be here sooner rather than later! Argh!!!!! Help! Holy cow! Freaking out!!!

Okay, I'm calm now. Oh, and by the way, my belly button is about to pop out any day. Yuck. I don't want an outie. I'm gonna feel like a turkey timer - ding! All done baking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is funny stuff...I look so forward to these updates...Love,d

Jennifer Alyse said...

You are such a cute preggers lady though :) It does all fly by, and it doesn't stop there. I promise :) Enjoy it all !!!