Monday, February 01, 2010

Very funny story

I'm at work today. I've been helping these two old white ladies, who were probably in their late 70s or early 80s, who were just laughing and giggling and having a great time back in the dressing rooms. They were walking around in their underwear, declaring things about their butts and how sexy things were. I just went on about my business. Then they came to the cash register to pay for their stuff. In walks our mailman. He's a very nice man in his late 30s or so. Anyway, I said hello to him and reached for our mail. One of the ladies turns around (keep in mind she's at least 70) and the following exchange takes place:
Old lady: (to the mailman) "Hi! How are you feeling today?"
Mailman: (distracted, looking for any mail we may have to send out) "Good, good, good." (I take the mail from him and he starts walking toward the door).
Old lady: "Well...You look good. Mmm."
Me: (I don't say anything, but I almost drop the shirt I'm folding and fall over laughing.)
Mailman: (doing a double-take, then chuckling) "Thanks!"
Then for the rest of the transaction, I proceed to try very hard not to laugh or even smile because if I do, I will not stop.
After that, the ladies keep jabbering and start talking about a top on a mannequin that's kind of low cut. One lady (the other one who wasn't talking to the mailman) said, "My! That's low cut! I could never wear that!" The other lady (the mailman lady) said, "Oh, yes you could. You just let it come down till it hits your areola."
At this point, I'm dying. I'm trying so hard not to start laughing and appear rude. Luckily, by then, they were done and headed out the door, laughing and joking and enjoying life.
I hope I'm that spunky when I'm 70 - but perhaps without the areola tendencies.

1 comment:

kelsey said...

awesome. and i promise i'll blog...soonish.