Monday, August 16, 2010

Accomplishments

The crying stopped. Thankfully. I think it was a growth spurt and she was tired of traveling. She's better now. Whew!

So I was running errands today with Eden while Kevin was at work. I had six places to go (you know, Target, post office, return a movie, those kinds of things). I organized myself, Eden, Eden's baby bag, my purse, and all the stuff needed to accomplish my errands (a movie to return, boxes to mail, things to return to stores, etc.). After I came home from doing everything, I felt so proud of myself for not getting overwhelmed and for timing the errands so Eden didn't get hungry or have a poo explosion while I was out and about. This was a major accomplishment for me, and I was quite excited to achieve it.

Funny that running errands successfully is now what I consider to be an accomplishment. I used to think that getting a job, graduating college, writing a term paper, things like that, those things were accomplishments. Now, going to the post office is an accomplishment. Funny how parenthood changes your perspective of things.

And now for photos. Again, these are just some of my favorites. If you want to see the newest photos I've uploaded, go to my flickr account HERE.

Eden's 12-week-old photos. I love overalls!
12 weeks old

Eden's legs are getting stronger every day. She's already standing with help.
12 weeks old

I know it's blurry, but I don't care. Her smile is so bright and happy.
DSCN9024

She recently discovered her hands and it was so funny to see her stare cross-eyed at them.
Eden found her hands!

Here's Eden's room. I couldn't help it - I had to have a pink room. I love it! I found the neatest fabric and decided to sew my own curtains and crib skirt. I also made the bumper pads and table skirt. And all the bows hanging on the wall (it's like having a baby doll that I get to accessorize every day).
Eden's nursery
Eden's nursery
Eden's nursery

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these updates...

Jennifer Alyse said...

I use to feel the EXACT same way!! It gets so much easier. I love the room!! It looks awesome!

kelsey said...

so glad things have improved! and i love the pink room, though i'm glad to have blue! ;)

Julia said...

I love the cross-eyed picture of her, especially with her tongue out like she's thinking really hard!