Friday, August 05, 2011

Update

Wow, time is flying this summer. How unfortunate that I only wrote one post in July. Shame on me! I haven't uploaded photos in a while, so instead your update today will include a video of Eden dancing. It is the funniest thing. She only just started recognizing music about a month ago, so now when she hears it, she swings her arms and bends her knees. It cracks me up. (Actually she recognized the Friends theme song about 6 months ago, but I could never get it on video. You don't think that means I watch Friends reruns too much, do you?)

13months-dancing from Cameron Lawracy on Vimeo.



As for a family update: my mom came to visit for a week recently and we had a nice time just hanging out. Kevin's currently working on his last class to finish up his master's degree. So he's been procrastinating, I mean plugging away at that. I've been teaching myself to can stuff. I've made dill pickles (yum-o, right Kelsey?), bread and butter pickles, fig preserves, marinara sauce, peach butter, peach salsa, and tomato salsa. Nothing exploded, so I think I was semi-successful in my canning attempts. It sure does make a mess, though.
Eden has been getting into all sorts of mischief. She likes to hand things to people now, as well as screech as loud as possible to get someone's attention. It's great fun in the car, let me tell you.
So that's about it. We are going to Michigan at the end of August for a little over a week, but other than that we are just hanging out in the sweltering arm pit of Alabama. Pray for winter to come early. Yuck.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I like her squat dance. Squats really tone your behind. Feel the burn Eden! I'm sure that's just what she's thinking.