Monday, November 28, 2011

Case of the Mondays

You ever see the movie Office Space? You know the annoying lady who says "Ooo, it looks like somebody has a case of the Mondays?" If she said that to me today, I'd say, "Yes. Yes, I do."

Boo.

Eden didn't sleep well last night and wonderful symptoms of pregnancy woke me up in the middle of the night (yay, acid reflux) so I was not happy to wake up this morning. Nothing went terribly wrong today; I just had no patience for anything or anyone. Poor Kevin. Poor Eden. Poor Ruby. Poor Sparty.

On the upside, it was only 50 degrees today and Alabama has a winter weather advisory for this evening for - wait for it - snow. Commence laughing. The day before Thanksgiving - less than a week ago - it was 80 - yes, 80 - degrees. So I was happy to bid the heat good-bye and say hello to cold.

Other than that, here's an update of what's been going on.

DSCN3338
Look twice. It's not Eden. It's my friend's little girl. I watched her today and she found my sewing tape measures and an extension cord to be highly fashionable. I think this photo is hilarious.

My parents came to visit for Thanksgiving. The only photo I got of them the whole time was of them cleaning the kitchen after we ate. Thank you, heavenly parents, for cleaning up.
DSCN3330

DSCN3327
Doesn't she look so excited to eat Thanksgiving food?

This next one may be my new favorite photo of Eden.
DSCN3303

High surfaces are no longer a deterrent for my child. Hurray.
DSCN3262

My dad and his wife came to visit a few weekends ago. It's so nice when they come (and Dad, I promise it's not because I make you do manual labor). He built a built-in desk next to our fireplace. I love it.
DSCN3255

This was Eden's first experience with a giant costume person. It wasn't the greatest experience. I have a feeling meeting Santa won't be that great either.
DSCN3254

And just to prove that I do exist and I do actually get dressed out of my pajamas (sometimes), here's a photo of me and Eden.
DSCN3251

And here's my "birthday cake." Kevin stuck 29 candles in a caramel apple. The thing was literally all aflame. I thought he'd set fire to the apple itself.
DSCN3174

And that's life lately. Toodles!

4 comments:

kelsey said...

I totally had a case of the Mondays too. And I heart that movie. So funny. Miss you!

Jennifer Alyse said...

Love it! That little girl looks very similar to Eden, I really did have to look twice. Love you and miss you so much!!!

Julia said...

I feel like Eden grew between these photos and the last photos of her. I can't believe how big she's getting!

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving...looking forward to a Christmas visit...as usual, its great to see the snapshots of life...love