Sunday, November 06, 2011

Kicks and giggles

I am officially 29. Not the "29" that recurs after you actually turn 29, but for real 29. It's my last year to be young and stupid. Kevin says next year, I just get to be stupid. :)~
Anyway, I had a very nice birthday. I made myself apple cider spice donuts and caramel apple cider for my birthday treats instead of cake. Kevin put 29 candles in a caramel apple and I blew those out. When he walked into the room with the apple, I thought he was holding a ball of fire at first. I'll post the picture soon. For my presents, he excused my sewing machine debt (this is huge, my sewing machine was expensive), gave me 8 hours of "Mommy's not here" time, and let me pick 3 pounds of green tomatoes from our garden so I could make green tomato chutney. (He wanted the tomatoes to be able to turn red, but I really wanted them green for the chutney so we were having a friendly war about it.) It was a great birthday! :)
On a side note, I felt Baby 2 kick for the first time on Saturday. That was exciting. It means it's growing growing growing. Crazy to think in a few weeks I'll be half way done with my second pregnancy.

Pause.

Labor is 20-ish weeks away.

Oh Lord.

Anyway, moving on...
And finally I had to include a photo of Eden that makes me laugh. Her hair is insane. And so is she, most of the time. And I love her for it. :)

DSCN3023

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great birthday...sorry plans changed...can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks...love the hair

Julia said...

Happy Birthday! So excited for baby number 2 kick!

Jennifer Alyse said...

YAY!! Baby number 2 is kicking!!! I got your note. Thank you :) I trying to figure out the next time we can get together :) I'll get back to you on that!