Monday, April 09, 2012

To Due List and Pouring Phase

Since the main thing I would have liked to "due" today I did not end up "due-ing," (get it?), I did other stuff to keep my mind busy. What did I due?

  • Scrubbed my kitchen floor on my hands and knees (worry not, being in the hands and knees position is very good for pregnant women in their 3rd trimester as it causes the least strain on back muscles and organs and positions the baby optimally for birthing)
  • converted some of our oversized diaper inserts into newborn-size inserts (inserts: the absorbent part of cloth diapers)
  • baked dee-licious triple chocolate cookies (heaven help me that I don't OD on these things)
  • went to a meeting for church and typed up the minutes and emailed them out
  • did dishes (as usual)
  • rearranged the dining room table so I can have better access to two children when we eat (I - cough - did have help moving them table - cough, cough...if Eden counts)
  • did 4 loads of laundry (all 3 steps - wash, fold, put away) and folded and put away 2 more
  • hung out Eden's diapers on the clothesline
  • gave Eden a really thorough bath, complete with hair conditioning and nail trim
Am I nesting? Probably. I don't know. Whatever the reason, I feel good about today. No baby, but lots of productivity. :)

Pouring Phase: This is the official phase Eden is in. If a container has a liquid in it - big or small - she will pour it out. Not in the sink. Not in the tub. Not outside. But wherever she happens to be. After cleaning up 3 cups of water today and 2 bowls of dog water, I'm already tired of the Pouring Phase. Anyone with kids out there: how long does this last? Couple of days? Hopefully? Please?

And one small favor: please, don't ask if I've had contractions. It's depressing answering in the negative. Believe me, I will let you know if something exciting is happening.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your blog always makes me smile. As for Eden's pouring phase, I'm not sure of any tips I can offer. I try to have Noah clean up his messes, but that usually leads to more messes. I haven't figured that one out yet. I wish the rest of your "to due" list the the best. Miss you.