Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Winnie's First(ish) Birthday

So Kevin and I decided to take a quick vacation together in Myrtle Beach together - just us - before he leaves in May, so we went to SC for a short jaunt and had my mom watch our girls. Unfortunately, we were not in town for Winnie's first birthday (I was kind of sad about this) so we've been dragging out the celebration for several days.

Her first experience with cake was a store bought one from Publix, which also makes me sad, but I made her her own chocolate homemade cupcakes once we got back home, so that's a little better. She did not have a discriminating palate, though, and wolfed down the Publix cake.

2013 04 13 winnie birthday 02

2013 04 13 winnie birthday 08

2013 04 13 winnie birthday 09

She especially liked the plate.

2013 04 13 winnie birthday 10

After we got home, we've been doing a bunch of house projects (like installing a storm door) and yard work (re-mulching all the beds and planting flowers), again to try to get a bunch done before Kevin leaves, so I finally got around to Winnie's 1-year-old photo today. Only 5 days late. Not too bad.

2013 04 17 winnie twelve months 04

2013 04 17 winnie twelve months 06

The weather has been nice, so the girls have really enjoyed playing outside. Eden and Winnie like to ride around in the pink Jeep and today they got stuck so Eden fixed their situation. They didn't know I was watching them and it was so cute to watch.

This is what I imagined Eden was thinking:

"Huh, we're stuck."
2013 04 16 eden winnie pink car 01

"I can fix this. I'll pull it backwards."
2013 04 16 eden winnie pink car 02

"Okay, I fixed the car. Now I must give Winnie some drink."
2013 04 16 eden winnie pink car 03

"Now some for me."
2013 04 16 eden winnie pink car 04

In between these shots, Winnie tried to get out of the car. Eden shoved her back in.
2013 04 16 eden winnie pink car 05

I loved seeing them play together. I could watch them forever. :)

P.S. Don't you love that Eden is wearing an apron? Lately, she's been mispronouncing it as "rape-on." Toddler-ease strikes again.

3 comments:

kelsey said...

Love. Love love love.

Anonymous said...

precious...

Ashley & Charlie said...

Love the Jeep sequence!