Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Crisis

I have experienced my first phone crisis.

I will admit. When I've heard people say they feel like their world ended because something happened to their smartphones, I've thought to myself, "Get a life, people! It's just a phone."

Well.

My sincerest apologies to everybody who has ever had a phone crisis and felt like their world was ending and I stood in the sidelines tsking and shaking my head in disdain.

So I downloaded an audiobook to help pass the time while driving to SC, and apparently it took up a lot of memory and today my phone said I couldn't take any more photos due to lack of space (Horrors!!), so I tried to sync my phone with my iMac to move the audiobook off my phone.

Then it happened.

I don't know how, but I accidentally restored my phone to Kevin's phone settings. Not a big deal till I figured out that I lost all my contacts, messages, and apps.

Somehow I willed myself not to cry.

Long story short, after a frantic texting session with Kevin to get a bunch of his passwords and a very looooooong phone call with Verizon Wireless and Apple, and having to borrow my neighbor's phone for an hour (Kayla, you're beyond awesome!), my phone is back to normal.

Sans audiobook. Which was ultimately my goal, but now it's somewhere in the Land of Lost Audiobooks so I'm having to figure out how to get my $21.95 audiobook back.

But if I don't get it back, I'll take it as a $21.95 lesson not to take my working phone for granted.

The end.

1 comment:

kelsey said...

This makes me chuckle.