Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Is procreating now a popular pastime?

Yesterday Kevin and I found out another person we know is pregnant. Then I realized that there are 7 people we know who are pregnant and due relatively soon. This is truly weird for us because it seems like only yesterday it was strange to be the only married people our age that we know. We used to talk about how it would be weird to be in the age group of people having children. It seemed soooooo far off. Now, all of sudden, we're smack dab in the middle of it! It's like it's the season of procreation and it's infecting everyone we know.

Don't get me wrong. I'm really happy for everyone we know. It's super exciting. It just took me by surprise that we know so many people who are actual friends or at least acquaintences who are going to have babies. Where have I been that I went from being the only married person my age to the only person without a kid?

Crazy.

No comments: