Monday, April 27, 2009

something good!

My dad came to visit this past weekend to help me take care of some things around the house (read: fix everything while I watch and pretend to remember how he does it). Now pardon me while I digress for a second. There's a swampy area next to our house that provides for much entertainment if you like frog croaking and bird watching. I've seen many people go stomping around over there but I've never had the courage to go myself until I saw an older couple go over there, stare at the ground, bend over, pick something and put it in their mouths...repeatedly. While my dad was visiting, my curiosity got the best of me and I asked him if he'd accompany me over there so we could go exploring. Lo and behold this is what we found: BLACKBERRIES! A whole heap of blackberries! So we had ourselves a little blackberry pickin' and then we ate those suckers after a good rinse, and let me tell you they were delicious! So living next to the creepy swamp has a silver lining after all (or a sweet one, at least).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad something good happened...be careful of the critters in the blacberry patch.

Cameron said...

I will. Speaking of critters, as I was driving home today I saw a snake about 2 feet long slither merrily across the road from the blackberry side to my side. Great!