Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Monster Hair Plants and New Orleans

Kevin and I did yard work on Sunday and I pulled out the jungle in our backyard. These plants with looooong, green, skinny leaves were taking over. Some of the leaves were longer than I am tall! I was amazed (and annoyed) by them so I took photos of them. Maybe someone out there will know what they are (besides annoying).



And now here are a few photos from our trip to New Orleans. I took a hundred and I'll put them on flickr. Here's a sampling.



Above is Pedestrian Square in the French Quarter.



Above is us in the foyer of the bed and breakfast we stayed in just a couple blocks from the French Quarter.



This is Jared, Kevin's friend from ROTC, and Kevin with a person dressed up funny. She/he had these finger clapper things that got my attention and I just knew this would be a fantastic photo opportunity.

No comments: