Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Surgery = accomplished! Cake = it's debateable.

Kevin got his Lasik eye surgery this morning. He was as excited as a man in a brewery without a brew master. It lasted about an hour (including pre-op and post-op stuff) and now he's upstairs snoozing away, enjoying the last effects of his Valium. He kept stopping me on the walk out of the hospital and up to our room to say "Hey, I can read that!" The doctor said the recovery time should be short and easy. Hopefully it'll actually be that way. He has to have eye drops every hour for the first 24 hours then every 4 hours every day for a week. Because I'm anal, I set up alarm reminders on my phone to help me remember to wake him up and give him eye drops. Which reminds me, his eyes have ink in them. When I first saw them, I thought it was blood and I was horrified, but then when the doc said it was ink, I was less horrified. Still slightly disgusted, but oh well. As long as Kevin is happy and sleeping and pain-free, I'm good.

On the topic of my Splenda pound cake, I'd judge the results as falling somewhere in the middle of disaster and success. It tastes and looks like pound cake, but it's dry. My standards are much higher because of this cake that somebody brought to a training I went to: it was so moist and delightfully decadent, that no pound cake will ever taste good unless it tastes exactly like the one I ate at the training. I simply have to track down the recipe.

That's all. Keep Kevin in your prayers that his recovery goes well.

2 comments:

kelsey said...

I'm loving all these updates!!!! hope kevin's recovery goes well! can't wait to see you!

Cameron said...

Me, too! I'll call you when we get back and we can set up the exact dates when I'm coming to visit you. :) Yay!