Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Visiting and Learning

There is something about being on an educational vacation that fills me to the brim with satisfaction and contentment. It's justification for fun. I'll explain.

Right now I'm at Kelsey's house in Georgia visiting her and keeping her company till her husband Eli comes home from a TDY. I've been here a little over 24 hours and I've already learned what blanching is, how to peel a peach easily (related to the blanching lesson), that there are alternatives to traditional high chairs, that the website the Pioneer Woman is awesome, that Warner Robins AFB is now called Robins AFB, that the Mormon faith condones self-reliance including a 3-month food storage, that grain mills are a fun invention that I would love to use but never would think about it in a million years, that my Real Simple magazine should have arrived already but it has not, that the restaurant Kevin and I visited in Savannah on our honeymoon is one of the 1000 places you should visit before you die, and many other interesting tidbits that are not only useful but intriguing as well.

Educational vacations: priceless.

1 comment:

kelsey said...

you crack me up! i love that you're here!