Thursday, September 24, 2009

Visiting and Learning: Part 2

The education never stops.

Parboiling: briefly cooking something but not all the way; cooking something partly before you cook it some more another way

Chiffonade: some cooking thing that means to roll up basil leaves and cut them longways

Lane's: a peach and pecan grower in Georgia that is slightly touristy but has interesting souvenir things like Road Kill spice

Monopoly Deal: a card game where you play Monopoly but with cards (obviously) rather than a dice

Nothing kills sugar ants except time and lack of rain.

It is possible to enjoy Cobb salad equally as much two nights in a row.

Preparing a salad (i.e. assembling ingredients) is not cooking. (This newest fact I've learn is one I don't entirely agree with but if it gets me a homemade Cobb salad twice during a visit, I will concede.)

I love learning.

No comments: