Monday, March 15, 2010

Why do people feel the need to look at my belly and say "Wow! You're not very big. You don't look that pregnant."??? People, newsflash: I am a helpless victim of hormonal sensitivity. You do not, under any circumstances, tell a pregnant woman who is almost 8 months pregnant that she does not look pregnant. What am I supposed to do with that comment?? Say, "Thanks, I was hoping the growing baby inside of me wasn't noticeable!" All these (many) comments do is make me worry that my poor baby isn't getting big enough and I'm already failing in my responsibilities as a mother.
Irrational? Yes. Too bad. I told you I'm a helpless victim of hormonal insanity - I mean, sensitivity. The only comments that are worth hearing from people are ones that do not have any possibility of accidental offense. May I suggest harmless little fibs like, "Wow! You look beautiful pregnant!" or "You are definitely glowing. How lovely!" or "I love your cute belly!" Lies or not, at least these comments have no possibility of stirring the bitchy/weepy creature of retaliation within me.
If you'll excuse me, I must now take my 30 weeks worth of growing baby in my belly to work so more people can tell me how small my belly is and I can silently seethe and try not to cry/yell/scream/sob/lift up my shirt and shove my belly in their faces and say "Does this just look like a giant beer gut to you?"

P.S. Sorry for the ranting. It only proves my helpless hormonal victim status.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are all idiots...you look beautiful...will we get an updated picture soon?

Cameron said...

Yep, I will take one this week. I keep meaning to take one and I keep forgetting. I'm really bad about that. And thank you for the perfect complement. :)

Jennifer Alyse said...

I said that! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean any harm. I'm so sorry!!!

Anonymous said...

awww cam don't listen! you (and baby belly) are perfect! <3 you and hugs hugs hugs! lizzie :)