Saturday, April 24, 2010

Photo Update

Kevin got his first incentive ride on Friday in an F-15 jet. I watched while he took off and landed. It's funny how a ride in a fighter jet can be used as a reward for some people (i.e. Kevin) and as a threat of torture for other people (i.e. me).

Anyway, here are some photos. This first one (below) is him in the jet with his flight mask/helmet on.



This one is of Kevin's jet taking off straight up into the air (it's called an unrestricted take-off or a maximum climb take-off).



This is Kevin and his pilot after they landed.



On much less thrilling but more exciting (in my humble opinion) note, here is the beginning on my vegetable garden. We already have 4 baby tomatoes growing. The biggest one is about the size of a pencil eraser. They're so cute! And I've already made two batches of iced mint tea with our chocolate mint and some smashed potatoes with our parsley! I can't wait for the actual vegetables to begin growing! Right now my next challenge is getting rid of aphids in the mint and zucchini.



And just because the following picture makes me laugh and roll my eyes, I had to include it. It's a few months old, but I forgot it was on my camera. Kevin and I came home one evening to this scene. The bag on the floor is a Frosted Flakes cereal bag...and it's empty...and there are cereal crumbs everywhere on the floor. Oh, the joys of living with Ruby.

2 comments:

kelsey said...

i think the best part of the bottom picture is the innocent look on ruby's face. "what? i didn't do anything!" riiiiiight!

Julia said...

Talk about motivation. Doing all that with a cone on your head?!?! If I had a cone on my head I would not be eating Frosted Flakes out of the bag. Does Ruby not understand the cone of shame? (That's a thing from the movie Up, The Cone of Shame. You'd like that movie I think)