Friday, May 14, 2010

Raise your hand if you think we're crazy

Kevin and I both acknowledge that the end of May is a little...booked...for us. Winky's due, Kevin's captain promotion, packing up one house, buying our first home, moving 4 hours away. Yes, yes, we know that a lot is happening. Until yesterday at around 10:00am, I was not worried about everything working out. I had faith that everything will be okay and we'll get through the last week of May and first week of June just fine.

Then we attended the TMO briefing (for those who don't know, it's a meeting that military families attend to schedule their permanent change of station move - meaning their move to their next duty station). The actual official dates were laid out before us, and I believe that's when I recognized that we may have lost our minds trying to schedule everything at the end of May.

I will now prove that we are crazy and may need psychological help (if not immediately, then at least after all this is over):

May 17: Kevin's promotion ceremony to captain and last day at work
May 20: Winky's due - probably will happen after this day and definitely before June 3
May 26: Movers pack up our house in Panama City (we must first prepack and prepare for the movers to come; this will probably take 2-3 days. You already see the potential overlap of birthing a child and packing a house.)
May 27: Movers continue packing up our house
May 28: Movers load their van with our stuff
May 29: My mom comes to be our slave - I mean, visit us
May 28-31: We're basically camping in our empty house with HOPEFULLY our newborn and its grandmother. Oh, and we'll be cleaning out our rental house to be cleared from our lease.
May 31: Memorial Day, holiday - What holiday?? We're driving to Prattville to do our walk-through on our new house. At this point, we'll go from camping in our empty old house to staying in a hotel, with our newborn and its grandmother.
June 1: We close on our new house and hopefully move into our new house - this time, camping in our new house with our newborn and its grandmother.
June 2: Movers deliver our stuff to our new house and unload everything.

Count the days. They're 17 days from start to finish, and we have about 2 months worth of stuff to do in those 17 days.

I know we'll survive. But we are crazy. I recognize that now. Not in my previously laugh-it-off, flippant, oh-whatever, subconscious denial kind of way, but in a manic-eyed, half-grinning, slightly drooling psychotic kind of way.

My name is Cameron. And I am crazy. And still pregnant.

2 comments:

kelsey said...

Why do you have to pre-pack????? I think you guys are crazy to do anything yourselves with the schedule you have before yourselves. And if you must for some reason I don't remember from our move, do it NOW and deal with boxes for a little while. I promise, you do not want the stress of all this while also trying to learn to breastfeed and keep up your milk supply and get some sleep. Or better yet, you don't participate in any of this! I so wish I could help. Please let me know if I can. I'll do whatever! But without knowing what, I will pray for you to have the baby NOW to make it that much easier. Love you guys!

Julia said...

If there was any couple who could do this it's you and Kevin and your mother. I have faith in you!

PS to Winky
Get out!