Monday, March 07, 2011

Happy Muffin Monday!

Well, Eden's been teething (her top right tooth, #4 in case you're curious) some more lately and now she has her first real cold, so the past week hasn't been the best night-time sleeping (my morning started at 4:00 today). However, we've been very happy during the day, so here's an update in our latest adventures.

Introducing...Jason! He's a 7.5-month-old belonging to a friend with whom Kevin went to maintenance tech school 4 years ago. She is here at Maxwell taking a 5-week course and I am watching her little boy for her. So our adventures until the end of March will include Jason. And what adventures we've had so far!

What a stinkin' cutie!

My very first day with them started with a trip to the pediatrician on base for Eden's well-baby check-up. Surprisingly, the babies were amazingly well behaved and I was able to handle them both (I was seriously thinking that I might not be able to). So that was a great start to this 4-week adventure.

Here are some of our other adventures:

Mom, why are you taking our photo?
Just hanging out, hoping for some cheerios.

Yum. Self-feeding.
Mmmm. Potatoes with a side of hair.

38-piece Snapware. Baby not included.
38-piece Snapware set. Baby not included.

Breakfast time
Hurray for food time!

Pretty good for a self-taken shot.
Hanging out outside with the water barrels and the unplanted plants.

Then there's today:
3 colds + 2 babies + 1 mommy + 2 teething babies - several nights of decent sleep = unhappy day
Pray for God to give me strength today and probably all this week.

But that's okay. Anyway, happy Monday to everyone!

P.S. Oh! And I forgot to mention: I've been feeling a little low because of the decline in comments on my posts. I love comments! I don't care if they're one word or a novel. They are like mini hugs for my heart. So pardon for the lame plea, but pretty please post a comment or two every now and then. You'll make me so happy. :) Thanks!

6 comments:

kelsey said...

computer down so i just have been lazy in posting comments. we'll have to talk soon. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have your hands full...gonna be up to more visitors in a few weeks...of the adult type?

Anonymous said...

You are amazing lady! I cannot believe you are still smiling with all that. :) Major hugs to you and your strong self!!! :) Love, Sums

Anonymous said...

Aww you poor thing - colds are so crummy! (I got one on our way back from vacation over the weekend and it's so miserable - but I don't have two little ones to look after!) extra hugs!! miss you bunches and Dave says I check your blog as much as CNN so I will be sure to comment more as I do love it! :)
love ya! Lizzie

Jennifer Alyse said...

WOW you are a super mom to keep two children under the age of 1!!!! I have something started for Ms. Eden's b'day. I hope it gets done in time :) Miss you! We are planning a trip to Calera in April (April 1st actually) any chance we might swing a visit with ya on the second???

Julia said...

I love Eden with a fist full of potatoes and mouth open wide! That's how I feel when I'm really hungry but I can't do that :)