Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ya gotta love Alabama

* * Warning: this post is slightly un-Christian in nature. Please forgive me. * *

I believe I have stumbled upon a picture that sums up the state of Alabama.  Here it is:

car

Notice what the window paint says. Look twice. Not "It's my birthday" but "It my birthday." A very noticeable (in my opinion) lack of a verb. A small auxiliary verb, but a very important verb nonetheless.  Displayed proudly on the girl's rear window. But wait! It gets better. Look at the license plate. Yes, folks, this lovely lady is a proud educator in the great Alabama educational system.



I need to get out of this state so badly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear. this is painful to look at! yes, it is time for you to come back to michigan (where we have at least somewhat better grammar - among many other reasons! ;)

on a side note, thanks for the adorable card - it made my day! :) and I promise an email, letter and/or phone call soon as we definitely need to catch up!
miss you bunches! hugs!
Lizzie

kelsey said...

Hahah! I have a great picture I should send you from Atlanta. Painful and the city put it up.

Julia said...

You love it! I love how there's not a "for real" bookstore but there are 2 WalMarts...