Friday, August 24, 2012

Eden said...

Twos are both my favorite and not my favorite developmental phase of childhood. While I do not enjoy the potty training, I do enjoy the less frequent diaper washing. While I do not enjoy the "No!" response to everything, I do enjoy the random and frequent "I love you, Momma" and kisses. While I do not enjoy the constant mess, I do enjoy the sneak peaks I get when she's playing by herself with dolls or blankets or crayons. While I don't enjoy the tantrums at bedtime, I do (sooooo) enjoy the sleeping through the night. Some of my favorite moments:

* Random and loud renditions of the ABC song while in public

* Coloring of everything EXCEPT paper
DSC_0869

* Responses such as:
   Me: You want some crackers?
   Eden: Yeah.
   Me: What kind of crackers do you want?
   Eden: Two kackers.

* Reaching milestones such as pooing in the potty:
DSC_0915

* Understanding there is a purposeful face you make when Mommy says smile...but not quite knowing how to make the smile:
DSC_0913

* Any moment of voluntarily "playing" (or sitting on, whatever) with Winnie
DSC_0904

* Torturing Ruby with the Power Wheels car:
DSC_0546

* Watching her "nurse" her stuffed bear while I nurse Winnie and hearing her say "Bear eat!" Right-on, kiddo!

That's my girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Takes after her mother at two who also loved the word "no". I do enjoy the blogs...love you...

Summer said...

Great post. I share your comments of the dual side to the "twos". They are just as glorious and they are mania-inducing. :) Know we have two little girls cut from very similar cloth who are just as wonderful as they are crazy! xo