Sunday, August 26, 2012

I'm scared!

Okay, everyone, I'm really nervous about something so I need your help, input, and maybe a virtual hug of support. (Don't worry - this is a good thing to be nervous about - nothing bad.)

I have an opportunity to reach an audience of 10,000 women to advertise myself as a professional doula. I'm really scared of screwing up, failing, looking stupid, failing, not saying/doing the right thing, and failing.

I really want to be a doula because I'm super passionate about birth and pregnancy ladies, but this is going to throw me waaaay outside my comfort zone because advertising for myself means I have to sell myself and I'm soooo not good at that. I hate it, in fact. But I really want to be a doula, and so far the 5 people I've networked with hasn't really produced anything.

Sooooo....

This opportunity came up and in order to really take full advantage of it, I really should have a web site to include because these days, who doesn't have a web site in business? But this requires me to work on the business end of this goal, as opposed to the "doula" end (if that makes sense). So I have exactly 24 hours (almost to the T) to create a web site about me and being a doula and the services I'll offer.

I guess I just need some "rah, rah, rah! you can do it!" type motivation, ya know?

So please send me some e-love so I can grow some cajones and pursue this passion of mine. Thanks!

And finally, just because I can't resist posting funny photos of Eden and Winnie, here ya go:

DSC_0946
Look at Eden's face - how does this feel like a smile?

Climbed into the crib by herself...while naked.
DSC_0950

Again, what about this faces says "Smile!"?
DSC_0953

Baby's first (involuntary) solid food (graham cracker):
DSC_0990

And just for a smile:
DSC_1008

6 comments:

Jess said...

You can do it!!! You are super passionate and knowledgeable and anyone would be lucky to have you as their doula. I know I am :)

kelsey said...

okay, first. eden is too adorable. it isn't fair. i LOVE her smile face. it's perfect.

second. you can totally and should totally do it. what's the worst that can happen? nothing! ;) if i had to have a baby in alabama, i'd want you to help me! but only if you didn't laugh at me...that would be a hard thing, i tell you!

xoxo

Jennifer Alyse said...

You will be awesome!! Your passion for this will come through and take care of all the rest. Go get it girl! I love you and you will succeed in anything you set your mind to!

Amy said...

Your passion will be the first thing all these people see and who doesn't want passionate women helping them throughout their pregnancy. It is just like teaching children. What parent wants an un-passionate teacher, teaching their child. I believe you’ll find the right words to “sell” yourself on any website; you already have that great talent in writing and sharing your feelings in a unique way. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Miss you ! Eden faces crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I do not know about the website...but, I do know you and have never seen you not succeed at anything you set your mind to....so jump in...get started...one question...does this require a business license or some type of bond to ensure you are protected...not sure if there are legal liabilities.

Stacey said...

Virtual hug! Girl, you're amazing, you can totally this. Your warmth and passion will come through and women will know that they will be in great hands. Good luck and hugs from Charlie and I!