Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I have two toddlers and I cannot lie...

...you other mothers can't deny
when a girl walks in with a food-covered face
and yells "Chase me! Chase! Chase!"
you get stung!

Ha. You like my "Big Butts" throwback there, mom-style? That's how I roll. Mega-cornball.

Goofiness aside, I just thought I'd post a little bit about Eden and Winnie.

I no longer think to myself, "I have a baby and a toddler."

I think, "I have two toddlers." I use to think a baby and toddler sounded like a lot of work.

I was wrong. Two toddlers is worse (and better).

 photo DSC_0008_zps0158d989.jpg

Winnie is just such a handful. The child has NO FEAR (except when Eden pretends to be a monster and chases her around the house). She climbs on EVERYTHING. She has already climbed out of her crib all by herself. Joy. She is the messiest child in the world. Boys can't be any worse. She can turn anything into a mess. Five goldfish crackers = I'll be vacuuming for hours.

 photo DSC_0138_zps495b700f.jpg

But she is such a blast. Smiles for everyone. Hugs and cuddles like you wouldn't believe. Loves dolls, eating sand (still), sitting on my lap, reading, being held, giving kisses, squeezing Sparty, snack time, her blankey, and coloring on my calendar.

 photo DSC_0033_zps36677735.jpg

Eden is growing up. Still a toddler, but edging into girl-hood. She's very choosy about clothes and shoes and hairstyles. She changes her clothes at least 4 times a day (it drives. me. batty.), and far be it from me to tell her what to wear. I stopped trying to fight that battle a long time ago. She eats oatmeal like it's her job (and not much else). She is addicted to TV (shame on me). She says "Why, sure-tainly! I would love to do that for you," when I ask her to do something. She is all girl: loves pink, painted nails, hair bows, twirly skirts and dresses, make-up, and princesses and fairies.

 photo DSC_0081_zps31fe371f.jpg

She's not great at sharing. Or going to bed. Or sleeping on her own. Or eating anything green. Or sharing. Or going to bed. (Did I mention her aversion to sharing and going to bed?)

And the tantrums. Oh my goodness. They are epic. And way more frequent than I would like.

But she is a passionate, sensitive, strong-willed little thing. I love her.

 photo DSC_0150_zpse98d8ca5.jpg

They're both my girls. Sometimes I want to throw them in the trash (and I will readily and freely and openly tell them this). But mostly I can't stop squeezing them till they screech in delight and squirm away.

6 comments:

kelsey said...

I loved this post.

Amy said...

Blessed mommy and happy kids. Beautifully written.

Anonymous said...

Winnie love peak a boo and Jere(me) too.

Anonymous said...

I agree completely with Kelsey...

Julia said...

I love Winnie's face in the second picture!

Jennifer Alyse said...

OOOO I love them!! You too!!!!