Monday, February 23, 2009

Tax prep prayer

I haven't posted in a while and I felt like I needed to make some kind of update, if for no other reason then to inspire my fellow blogging buddies to update their own blogs (hint! hint!).
I did our taxes this past weekend. I always feel like after I submit them, I need to include a letter that says something like "Dear IRS, Please don't send me to jail. I tried my very best to navigate the jungle that is tax-paying. If I owe you money, I swear I'll pay it. Just tell me the amount. But please don't send me to jail for any mistakes I made. They weren't on purpose. Love, your very loyal law-abiding, tax-paying citizen"
Does that sound too pitiful? I hope so. I send that message each year via ESP hoping whoever receives it will take pity on me and accept my taxes and not audit me. So far, it seems to have worked. So I'll just keep sending the no-jail-time vibes their way in hopes of remaining jail-time-free.

No comments: