Thursday, April 02, 2009

Tornadoes, Winds, and Flooding! Oh my!

So I was conked out this morning, I hear the phone ring, and it's my friend Jen saying "Are you awake? If you aren't, go get in your bathroom because there are tornadoes on the way." Well, good morning to me. I hate bad weather! So I stumbled around, getting stuff to put in the bathroom (candles, blankets, dog water bowl,etc.). Then I look out the window, and the street is flooding. My backyard had already flooded, as in I couldn't see grass, just water. So I ran around getting towels to stuff in the doors just in case the water decided to creep up to our house.

That was this morning. There are still warnings for floods, tornadoes, high winds, and severe thunderstorms (including hail) going on. The tornado watch is in effect until 9 pm.

I love living here. Cough.

2 comments:

Jennifer Alyse said...

I couldn't have my best friend be blown away by a tornado :)

kelsey said...

hi cameron! just haven't written in a while, so i thought i should say hi. so exciting to see that kevin gets home in 2 1/2 months!!! so exciting! how's school teaching going? hope you're well. we miss yoU!